Button to scroll to the top of the page.


 1. Complete OOEF


** Please make sure any event that requires a pre-approvals has been signed in advance. For items that require, pre-approval, please see “CNS OOEF Policy 


2. Gather Receipts

  • If you are reimbursing an individual for an event/meal: The individual must turn in an itemized receipt, plus proof of payment. 
  • If expenses are incurred during official travel: Submit a copy of the approved Request for Travel Authorization (VE5).
  • If you are paying a vendor: Payments to vendors must also be accompanied by an itemized invoice or receipt in order to receive payment from the University.
    •  CNS will follow University policy related to negotiated agreements. HBP 9.1.1 Section E: “Units will not be requires to get a per person cost when there is a negotiated agreement with a vendor for a total package price that includes food and non-food expenses”. However,  amount should remain within reasonable limits.

3. Create the VPE

Allow document to properly routing within your EOM. Once it routes to the Dean's Office (NS FINSUPP Desk) follow the instructions below:


4. Submit for Approval to CNS Dean’s Office – Business Services Team:

  • Document creators are to submit one email per one voucher as a scanned PDF packet for review and approval in compliance with The University of Texas’ Office of Accounting OOEF & CNS OOEF Policy to CNS Business Services (bservices@cns.utexas.edu) for review and approval. Please refer to the PDF imaging requirements for submitting PDF’s to business services for approval. The email must have the Document ID in the subject – for approval
  • Ex: 30VPE999999 – For Approval
  • Business Services upon review and approval will notify creator. If the voucher is returned, please resubmit the updated PDF again to bservices@cns.utexas.edu for approval. Please reply to the original email chain, reattach the updated PDF of all the appropriate documentation, and change the Subject Line to begin with Resubmission. For example: Resubmission 30VPE999999 – For Approval
  • Creator(s) will then send original documentation to Accounts Payable for final approval

For RUSH or Emergency situations for the Office Of Accounting, please refer to the following processing procedures:

  • Refer to askUS for instructions on how to rush an Independent Contractor payment.
  • Refer to askUS for instructions on how to rush a payment document for other vendors or employees, or call Accounts Payable and Travel Services at 512-471-1816.


                                                                                                                               Last Updated: 04 September 2018